Monday, September 17, 2007

Just a little update

Don't get me wrong...I'm LOVING it here, but the way things work here is absolutely crazy! The office keeps telling us that we don't need a registration and yet the police are stopping some of the people at night and demanding it and then bribing money from them up to like 1000 rubles which is about $40 American dollars. So the office tells us no such thing exists and then magically it does and to come back tomorrow but then it's still not ready and to come back the next day and the next and nothing ever seems to get done. Jim has decided that we should all just go sit in the office everyday after class and wait for something that isn't going to come. They're telling us that we don't need it but we do, they don't have it but they do, it'll be ready the next day but it's not. It's a lot of fun let me tell you. Besides that I really do love it here.
My class is a little bit of a joke. I mean really when the teacher looks at you and says скажите пожалуйста, сколько вам лет? (Tell me please, how old are you?) I almost want to slap them. Really, I don't need to be going over how old I am and what my name is and where I'm from. I need a conversational class that is going to expand my vocabulary and teach what I need to have everday conversations with Russians. Bah. Whatever. Too late to change now I guess.

No comments: