Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday Night






Saturday night Karoliina, Anders and I went to a club called Propaganda. The night was very interesting. The club itself is actually really nice. It's kind of small which makes the atmosphere really cozy, you're able to actually GET to the bar (which is sometimes nearly impossible in the US) and yet the place was packed. The music was interesting. I'm not use to Techno music and people dancing. The three of us danced all night from like midnight till 4. I met a couple of English guys (one of whom was dancing with me and trying to make out with me without even knowing my name cause he was so drunk). It was actually kind of funny because his other friend was like 'Ok buddy, time to back away and go to the bar.' When the guys first started talking to me they were speaking in Russian and I asked where they came from and they said England (in Russian of course) and I told them I was from America and I don't think they quite understood because the one guy started saying in Russian how he was tired of dealing with Russians and it was nice to meet another foreigner and then I said in English "You know you can speak in English. I will understand, being from America and all" and his eyes just lit up with this "Holy shit another English speaking person." Needless to say the night was interesting. We all danced until 4 and then Anders found the 3 of us a cab and we came back to the university and then I got up early to go to the football game. Life is good in Russia right now.

No comments: